Monday, April 02, 2007

Heidi's dentistry

The kids and I are at the dentist because my temporary crown came off and needs to be reattached. While Sophine decides to stay in the waiting room to devour a book, Heidi can't wait for this opportunity to check out the office (again). I am sitting in the chair when she decides to strike up a conversation with the person working on my tooth (this person was not the dentist, but I have no idea what her job title might be, so for this little story she will remain the "person working on my tooth", PWOMT for short.)

Heidi: "Yesterday, I had a spot on my tooth. "

PWOMT: "Oh really!"

Heidi: "Yeah. Sophine cleaned it off with a toothpick."

PWOMT: "What do you think it was, maybe a bit of food?"

Heidi: "Nah, I think it was rust."

PWOMT (trying very hard not to laugh out loud): "hmmm, how do you think it got there?"

Heidi: "I think it's because my teeth are getting ready to fall out."

PWOMT: "Really? How old are you?"

Heidi: "I'm four. But Sophine already lost 8 teeth, so I think with the rust spots mine will fall out really soon."

I have to hand it to PWOMT for playing along so nicely and never trying to argue with Heidi. Did I mention I love my dentist's office?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Fairly Odd Mother said...

Rust?!?!? Priceless! How did the PWOMT manage not to laugh?!?

 
At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genius kid.

Excuse me, I am going to search my aging body for rust spots now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home