Wednesday, March 14, 2007

doing the happy dance

I just found out that Heidi won't be going to the hospital for a heart procedure this year. Woohooo! I'm not sure on all the details (Husband spoke to the doc, so what you're getting here is a translation of sorts), but it appears that over the years that the doctors have closed the fenestration from the Fontan procedure in HLHS kids, there haven't been many proven benefits to the children. So as long as Heidi keeps running us ragged, has high energy and spends very little time looking like a blueberry, she is off the hook for this.

Sometimes relief can feel a little intoxicating! Excuse me while I go dance with my kids.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh oh oh! What wonderful news. Dance on, lady!

 
At 7:32 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Hooray hooray! That's terrific news! Way to go, Heidi! Keep running them ragged!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HLHS pre-Fontan mama here. That's GREAT news! We're hoping this year will be hospital-free (knock on wood!). I'm going to poke through your archives and read up some more on your fantastic daughter!

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Trac said...

I am so happy for you and your daughter! great news. Here's wishing you lots of good health for the rest of the year and beyond! Tracie

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the first time I have been here, but oh my you have touched *my* heart and I hope that you and she will continue to inspire with your joyous spirit.
Blessings on your family

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger K. said...

Thank you all for your kind comments!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home