whirlwind weekend
My parents came into town on Saturday night. Since they live in Germany, this is a rare treat. The kids were thrilled to see them again, only three months after their last visit. In the 48 hours they were here, we:
- went ice skating outside for one last time this season;
- had lunch outside (well, my mom and I did);
- visited Gunston Hall, where we saw two black vultures and had races on the grounds;
- got married with a drunk priest (the kids and my dad, whose phone number I will gladly give to anyone who wonders why my 4 year old talks about priests who drink too much whiskey!);
- fixed two dresses (my mom who is an amazing seamstress);
- ate too much chocolate;
- drank Bailey's;
- stayed up late;
- got up early;
- laughed way more than I have in a long time.
It was wonderful. My parents and I have had a somewhat rocky relationship over the years (and not just the teenage years!). But these days our times together are filled with laughter, joy, play, animated conversations about the state of the world, outings, and celebrating life with each other. Whenever they leave, I feel refreshed, filled with love, and utterly exhausted from all the fun.
I think I'll go take a nap now!
Labels: family

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home