Friday, March 23, 2007

a few quick notes

I'm back! Sort of anyway. Here is my short story: Two weeks ago, I submitted an application that took me six weeks to prepare to a Waldorf Teacher Training college. Last week said college had their open house. We decided to combine the trip with a visit to friends and family and left town on Thursday. That night it started to snow. Open House was cancelled, but we showed up anyway on account of having been on the road when they called to cancel. Four of us showed up and we received a very private tour of campus, lots of time with the program director, and good amounts of time attending classes. I had my interview that day (the director had not had time yet to read my full application), and I was accepted into the program. So I'll begin my journey to train as a certified lower school class and foreing languages (German) teacher this summer.

Posting has been sparse as I am trying to find that elusive money tree. Also, serendipidy has had my by the scruff of the neck and events in the last two weeks have been threatening to give me whiplash. There has been little time to digest everything the universe is throwing my way, but I hope to share more with you as time goes on.

Okay, I will share one little story: Once upon a time I lived in a country on the other side of the world. I had a good friend in high school, one who came from a family of much instability. At the end of 10th grade said friend left and we had about another year of contact before she disappeared out of my life. Last night for some reason I felt compelled to google her very unique name. What came up is that she is working with anthroposophy, guiding people through biography work. Not that this is an outrageous coincidence, but if you get ten of these kinds of events in a week, it can make you wonder just a little.....

Time for schoolwork with eldest. More math board fun, today we'll be trying to recreate the stars from the board in our driveway.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:20 PM, Blogger Sara said...

It sounds like such an exciting time. Congratulations! It seems like you're getting some really clear messages that you're on the right path.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home