Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Home again

I'm back home, one week ahead of schedule. What can I tell you all? My three weeks of training were truly a life-changing experience. I'm still sorting through a lot of the things that have come to me during my time away. I'm not sure if it was the incredible people I've encountered, the lectures, or simply the distance from home life, but things are shifting inside and out. My path looks fairly clear at this time, though walking it will be a challenge. I have learned so much about Waldorf Education, child development, but I think the most helpful gift to me has been the long, hard look I've taken at myself, my life and what I'm doing with it. If this appears highly cryptic writing, it's because things are definitely still "in process" and probably will be for a while.

So what can I share? I've lost a ton of weight because the three weeks of intense classes and connections with people left me unable to sleep or eat. I had a lot of fun, and when I did eat, it was wholesome. The folks in my classes were nothing short of inspiring, creative, and full of life. We had a number of social evenings with guitars, songs, campfires and good company. Classes included sculpture, Language Arts, Music, Physics, Chemistry, Handwork, Fine Arts, Chid Development, Inner Development and daily Eurythmy and Chorus, both of which truly fed me.

As I return to my cluttered house in the suburbs, I am aware that this really is a turning point. I'm leaving behind almost nine years of staying home and homeschooling. Instead, our community will be focused in the school where I will teach and learn. I'll soon have to change things in the ole blog to reflect the changes in my life. I'm very excited about the path I'm walking, challenging as it will be.

I'll try to be a bit clearer as I go on writing about my experiences.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Welcome back!

I hope you can keep a little of the "glow" from the training over your year of teaching! That is one thing I like about summer conferences and institutes. They give you great ideas and you learn so much! Way more than classroom management and technique.

Your life is truly changing and I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and insight about it!

Good luck on the upcoming school year!

 
At 8:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, there. I am really glad to hear these good things. Good for you! Tammi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home