Four!
Dear Youngest,
When I woke up this morning, I lay in bed reflecting on the last four years. And I'm surprised that you are here, healthy, happy and full of the joys of life. You are my little imp with the gleam in your eye, greeting your shiny fairy world with an entertaining mix of wonder and common sense. You notice everything around you, and you imitate all we do. Everything that happens in your world becomes part of your magic play. You are still all body, needing to experience everything through movement, singing along as you invent your little reality and learn about this world.
Every day you teach me to trust that life is good, because to you, it simply is. Never mind the doctors and hospitals and IVs. All these to you seem like minor inconveniences you endure because there is just simply too much good to discover in the world to dwell on them. You delight in simple things. A yummy popsicle, a funny gesture, a kind touch, and all is well with the world.
You have touched our lives in ways so beautiful there simply aren't words. Your body is so fragile on the inside, yet your spirit is healthy and robust. You don't yet know doubt. You know yes and no, but mostly yes.
You are the strongest person I know and every day you inspire me in a million little ways.
Thank you for coming into my life, and thank you for staying.
Happy Birhthday, my love - Mommy

1 Comments:
So beautiful I am in tears.
Post a Comment
<< Home