Monday, February 05, 2007

first signs of spring

Our family does not have a tradition of celebrating candlemas or Imbolc (yet). Until this weekend it never made sense to me to begin a celebration of spring in February, when it so clearly is way too cold. But on Saturday, we were sitting at lunch and watched the birds outside our big window. The robins had returned! We bade them farewell a couple of months ago when they gathered in our holly tree. This weekend, they pecked at the frozen ground and sat in the trees. Puffed up for warmth, they looked like little round red tree ornaments. So spring really is coming! Welcome back, robins!

Tomorrow morning we go have Heidi's heart checked again. If you have a minute, send her good health wishes for stable heart function and valves. Lets hope our little warrior princess is in continued good health. Thanks, and enjoy the slow awakening of the earth from her sleep.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to bookmark your blog bc I have a friend who I think would be interested in what you have to say ...

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I can't even begin to imagine what this is like for you. I'll definitely keep Heidi in my thoughts!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Trac said...

Blessings on Heidi and to you her wondermom! May this year be one of good health!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home