Happy Solstice, Everyone
What a wonderfully festive week it's been, and busy too (am I repeating myself?). We spring-cleaned the house over the weekend, Husband brandishing a steam cleaner while I mostly ran around trying to figure out at which end of the endless list I should start. By Sunday night we had made good progress: moved the tree inside, written holiday cards, battled the crowds at the stores (actually it was more the battle in the parking lot, once there were spots, it was generally okay), figured out food, etc. etc.
On Monday we had a playdate at a park where it was warm enough for the kids to abandon their coats and shoes. That's warm even for Virginia, so we all enjoyed it though the concept of global warming is freaking me out just a tad bit (along with the concept of environmental pollutants and abusive parents - ok, someone stop me!).
Monday night we had our Advent Spiral. I'm linking to Rebecca's post here, as I have no photos to share with you. This year we did a very simple version. One mom read some verses from the Festival of Stones , then lit a candle. We all filed into the room behind her and watched her walk the candle to the center of the spiral. Then, while another mom was playing the lyre, the children took their turns walking the spiral with their apple candles. It was magical, and our little community of coop mamas all worked together to make it happen. That was perhaps the best gift of all.
Tuesday saw little excitement. The kids spent a lot of time playing outside and then we baked some GFCF gingerbread cookies. More cookies were baked today and the girls are thrilled that this year we have found four different cookies that they can eat. Christmas is looking good already. This evening, a friend is hosting a Solstice party at her house, and we will celebrate the shortest day and longest night over the next few days. When we emerge from that, it's time for family to arrive. So if I don't get to post, enjoy your mid-winter holidays. Blessings on you all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home