She said what?
As we're on our way home in the car, we pass a funeral procession of at least 20 cars. Youngest demands detailed explanations. What is a funeral? Why aren't we going to it? Who is being buried? Where is the cemetery?
Having read all my parenting books, I try to answer her questions without giving too much information. I say something about how we have funerals when someone we know dies, and that we bury them in a cemetery.
Youngest takes this all in for a few minutes. Silence. She ponders. Then she muses: "Maybe they're going to bury George Washington's head!"
Maybe indeed, but I certainly hope not.

1 Comments:
you know what, big mama, i think we may be related. my favorite book is "to kill a mockingbird" and my favorite movie is "the usual suspects." my goodness, you're singing my song. i've read some of your posts and i am moved. better still, i can relate.
be light.
Post a Comment
<< Home