Saturday, October 08, 2005

Variation on a Theme

I guess I shouldn't have opened the mail today. We received the results of Youngest's hair analysis. I can't exactly claim to understand the results, but suffice it to say it's not looking so good. Her toxic load is extremely high, while some other essential elements are very low. This surprises me as she is fed an incredibly varied and healthy organic diet, we don't mess with chemicals in our clothes, on our bodies or in the home, and we generally try pretty hard to keep toxins away from the kids. So my best guess is that her results come from living with a fair amount of air pollution, and maybe some gut damage from antibiotics and vaccines. Oh crap. I'm calling our maverick nutritionist first thing Monday as she seems to be very good at understanding these kinds of test results.

Also, the car is a total loss. How you can have a collision at less than 10mph and wreak over $7.ooo in damages on the vehicle is a mystery to me.

But I want to end on a really happy note: Husband's sister is adopting a baby from China. They received a call this week that they have a match in a little 6 month old girl. We should have a cousin by Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home